Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buffalo-Cheesy Popcorn

Popcorn has become my snack friend.  Especially being on a low-cal diet.

Crazy popcorn flavors are usually not my thing (unless it appeals to my sweet tooth--that's almost always the exception).  BUT, I've had a savory popcorn revelation or maybe it's more of a realization.  I'm not sure.  I'm too tired to tell.  What I DO know is that my mom made this over the weekend.  One taste, and I was hooked. 


This is all you need.  Seriously.  3 ingredients to snackity-snack heaven:

 

Instructions:

Pop your favorite low calorie popcorn as directed on the package instructions.  Open the bag and add a few shakes of the Red Hot sauce.  It all depends on how spicy you like it, so do this to your taste.  Did I mention there's no calories in this stuff?  If you like it hot, shake away! 

Then add about 2 Tbsp. of Reduced-Fat Parmesan cheese (mine has about 20 calories per 2 Tbsp).  Fold the top of the bag over to seal and shake.


The result?  The perfect snack to sit down in front of the TV with and catch up on the latest episode of GLEE or American Idol.  Now go make this.  It's that good.  I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I made my sister and her family jars of various popcorn seasonings for Christmas. I wish I had seen your post first. I would have included a bottle of hot sauce and some Parmesan cheese.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete