Friday, May 20, 2011

Pan Seared Salmon with The Sauce

It's been waaay to long since my last food post! My apologies. We've been a little technologically challenged lately. Not only with computer issues but camera issues too!  Technology hates me--what else can I say? I think we have it all under control now. Anywhoo, onto the salmon...

Outback Steakhouse used to make a sauce that they served with their salmon entree.  After years of ordering it every time I went there, it suddenly disappeared (the sauce I mean). When I asked the server about it, he said they no longer made it. I was heart broken. Okay, maybe not heart broken, but seriously disappointed. So, this recipe was born out of my desire to recreate the Outback sauce.  Over the years, I have changed The Sauce several times.  It now looks nothing like the original, but I'm very happy with the results every time I make it. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 salmon fillets-skin on (4-6oz each)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cooking Spray
For the sauce:
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning (This stuff is great for seafood. You should definitely think about investing in it if you don't already have some.  Supermarkets carry it.)
  • 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. minced capers

Season salmon by sprinkling it with salt and pepper. Spray cooking spray on a non-stick skillet and when the pan is nice and hot, place salmon flesh-side down and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.  Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the salmon is cooked through, about another 3 to 4 minutes more. 


While your salmon is cooking, assemble your sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl.

Serve the salmon with a little lemon slice, the sauce and a fresh veggie.  I found some gorgeous asparagus today at the farmer's market, so that's what we had for dinner tonight.  At the end, we were begging for more, but chose not to be total gluttons about it.  We had dessert instead. =)

5 comments:

  1. Yum, I will have to try the Sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare salmon and this looks absolutely delicious! Wonderful recipe, Candace. I'll have to save this to try soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And welcome to the blog!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salmon and asparagus would be my idea of a perfect meal - it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete